Stretch your spine to sleep well
It is so important to stretch your spine out so that you don’t sleep with tension in your neck. Apparently, these helps you fall into a deeper sleep, as your body is less tense. Try to this before you go to bed, and hold the position for a few minutes. If like me you are not very flexable, when you start doing this your body/spine will feel really tight and there will not be so much movement. I have been doing this nearly every night for the last few weeks and have seen a big difference in how easy it is to do, and how much less stressed my body feels when I climb into bed.
What You'll Need
What You'll Do
- Put your legs out straight in front of you and bend fwd to grab your feet (keep legs as straight as possible)
- Put your chin against your chest so that your spine gets a full stretch from top to bottom.
- Put your legs out straight in front of you and bend forward to grab your feet (keep legs as straight as possible)
- The key here is to put your chin against your chest so that your spine gets a full stretch from top to bottom.
- Hold this position for at least 30 or so seconds and release.
- Repeat this two or three times more.
- (Do not bounce.... if you cant reach your toes, just hold as far as you can get to)
Report this health tip as inappropriateGood Zing does not review third-party tips for the accuracy of any kind, including health or medical advice, diagnosis or treatment recommendations. All tips are submitted by users and should in no way be substituted for professional or medical advice. Good Zing does not provide health or medical advice, diagnosis, treatment or prescription recommendations.