Learn How You Make Decisions. Knowledge is Power
Start learning how you make decisions and addressing your confusion.
What You'll Need
- Patience (unlikely to gain clarity overnight)Self-acceptence (heck you are human)
- Life experiences (one or two can go a long way you don’t have to seek them out anew) Ability to self-reflect (don’t worry it is not all about journalling)
What You'll Do
- 1. Accept your confusion. “I am unclear of my feelings about this”… “I would like to better understand….” 2. Identify possible causes of your confusion. “I am noticing x, y, z are also going on. I also feel p, q, z. which contradicts c, d, e.” 3. Accept there won’t be a clear answer or ‘right’ decision. There can be a great or excellent. Let go of ‘perfect’ or ‘right’.
- 4. Consider comparable circumstances. How did you respond? Where have you successfully made decisions previously? What context can you add to present situation to help you understand deeper? 5. Try on different ‘hats’. Sit with an outcome, then sit when another. This can be hypothetical or real (this depends on your learning style). 6. Piss or get off the pot. Make a decision and proceed. Commit and go forth. If you find it was not a great decision try anew. Repeat. 7. This is called life.
Tips & Warnings
- Sometimes you keep having to learn the same lessons over and over again before you realize it is a lesson. They you still have to learn it again. Forgive yourself and keep learning.