Heat pack to your abdomen
Applying heat to your lower abdomen will relieve tension you may be experiencing as a result of your period. Heat packs can also be applied to other effected areas such as your lower back.
What You'll Need
- A hot water bottle
- A microwavable heat pack
What You'll Do
- Hot water bottle: heat some water to boiling point and fill the hot water bottle. Apply the heat to areas of tension.
- Heat pack: microwave heat pack for two minutes (or until hot) apply to tense area
- when you have period pains, apply to your lower tummy a heatpack
- you can either use a hot water bottle or create your own heating pack using heated towels
- or, you can buy those heat packs which you can stick to your tummy, at a chemist. I use these and find they work really well, as they are very discreet and you can put them under your clothes and no one can tell you have a heatpack!
Tips & Warnings
- Involves hot water, avoid burns!
Report this health tip as inappropriate