Heat pack to your abdomen
Applying heat to your lower abdomen will relieve tension you may be experiencing as a result of your period. Heat packs can also be applied to other effected areas such as your lower back.
What You'll Need
- A hot water bottle
- A microwavable heat pack
What You'll Do
- Hot water bottle: heat some water to boiling point and fill the hot water bottle. Apply the heat to areas of tension.
- Heat pack: microwave heat pack for two minutes (or until hot) apply to tense area
- when you have period pains, apply to your lower tummy a heatpack
- you can either use a hot water bottle or create your own heating pack using heated towels
- or, you can buy those heat packs which you can stick to your tummy, at a chemist. I use these and find they work really well, as they are very discreet and you can put them under your clothes and no one can tell you have a heatpack!
Tips & Warnings
- Involves hot water, avoid burns!
Report this health tip as inappropriateGood Zing does not review third-party tips for the accuracy of any kind, including health or medical advice, diagnosis or treatment recommendations. All tips are submitted by users and should in no way be substituted for professional or medical advice. Good Zing does not provide health or medical advice, diagnosis, treatment or prescription recommendations.