Greek Yoghurt to help soothe a sunburn
Greek yoghurt has many nutritional benefits but it can also be used on your body to help it heal from the outside too. Yoghurt is super cooling and soothing and acts as an instant pain relief and prevents skin from further drying out. I've tried this home remedy loads of times after accidentally scorching my skin under the summer sun (and yes, I know you are not supposed to get burnt, and that it is bad for you!). I have to say though it really did help to ease the pain of sunburn fast every time I slathered it on, and my friends do it too. Bonus? Make a little goodness bowl for yourself, slather on the yoghurt, put on a disposable robe and enjoy it both ways! No judgement here...
What You'll Need
- Greek Yoghurt straight from the fridge
What You'll Do
- Spread thin layer of cold yoghurt over sunburned areas
- Let sit for 30 minutes
- Rinse off (repeat this up to 3 times a day)
- You can scoop a spoonful into a bowl with some berries and honey for a little treat while you wait!
Tips & Warnings
- It might smell after the half hour so make sure you rinse off and pat lightly to dry.
Report this health tip as inappropriateGood Zing does not review third-party tips for the accuracy of any kind, including health or medical advice, diagnosis or treatment recommendations. All tips are submitted by users and should in no way be substituted for professional or medical advice. Good Zing does not provide health or medical advice, diagnosis, treatment or prescription recommendations.