Peanut butter gets rid of lice!
This is a simple, safe and effective home remedy that really does help to get rid of hair lice fast. It might sound crazy and weird but if you have some peanut butter in the kitchen and your kid (or yourself!) has lice, you might want to give it a shot even out of desperation! Apparently peanut butter 'starves' the lice and eggs of oxygen so it can really help to get rid of lice fast at home. Maybe opt for smooth peanut butter instead of chunky for this one, you don't want peanut chunks flying everywhere when you brush through! My mom used this on us when we were kids and got lice from other school kids, and she said it really helped to cut the time of being affected by lice too so I hope it works for you or your family like it did for us. It's so quick to apply as it's quite thick and then you just let it sit on hair all slathered up and then just comb through. Here are some key steps when using this home remedy to get rid of lice fast:
What You'll Need
- Peanut butter
- Lice comb
- Small lice hair comb
What You'll Do
- Part hair into small sections and completely coat each piece with peanut butter. Let sit for 3 hours.
- Comb back out with the small lice comb. Shampoo and rinse hair.
- Use peanut butter to get rid of lice by parting hair into small sections and completely coat each piece with peanut butter.
- Let sit for 3 hours and then comb back out with the small lice comb.
- This will take all the eggs out.
- Then wash your hair and you should be lice and egg free.
Tips & Warnings
- Remember, go for the smooth peanut butter option instead of chunky!
Report this health tip as inappropriateGood Zing does not review third-party tips for the accuracy of any kind, including health or medical advice, diagnosis or treatment recommendations. All tips are submitted by users and should in no way be substituted for professional or medical advice. Good Zing does not provide health or medical advice, diagnosis, treatment or prescription recommendations.