Many eye treatments contain caffeine. This is because caffeine can help shrink blood vessels around your eye, thus reducing puffiness and dark circles. Caffeinated tea also contains tannins (what gives the tea it's color and flavor). Tannins can also stimulate healthy blood circulation and help tighten and soothe skin.
What You'll Need
- Two tea bags (I find green and black tea bags containing caffeine to be the most effective)
- A mug of hot water
- A plate, container, or plastic sandwich bag
What You'll Do
- Take the two tea bags and steep them in hot water for 3-5 minutes.
- Take the tea bags out and put them in your container of choice (I used a plate). Leave them in the refrigerator for 20 minutes or until cold.
- Take the tea bags out. Gently squeeze out any excess liquid until the bags are damp and not dripping wet.
- Lay down and put the tea bags over your eyes. Leave them on for 15-30 minutes. Remove and carefully rinse off any tea stains on your face.
Tips & Warnings
- Black tea may stain skin but will go away after a few washes