Italian grandmas' remedy against the cold (and against anything that makes you sad)
Your cold is about to turn into flu? Your bones are heavy and your nose is blocked? Well, there is nothing better than a proper grandma's cure: a cup of hot milk with a sweet spoon of honey. Natural, warm, and homey.
What You'll Need
- Milk, honey, small pot, cup, spoon
- Milk: organic /low fat / skim / whole / the one you prefer
- Honey: there are several types of honey, all are naturally perfect.My personal favorite are the acacia, orange blossom, and "millefiori" ones.
What You'll Do
- Heat up the milk using the small pot. The milk doesn't have to be too hot, so make sure to take the pot off the burner before the milk forms a thin pellicle on the surface.
- Pour the milk in the cup, take a full spoon of honey, and add it to the warm milk. Keep on blending until the honey is completely melted.
- Enjoy this lovely treat and bless your grandma wherever she is.
Tips & Warnings
- NO cognac-added version if you are underage (but let's be honest: no Italian grandma would ever care about this warning)
Report this health tip as inappropriate