A Quick Grounding Technique for Mindfulness
Whether you're anxious or just caught in your head, grounding can help you get back into your body & the present moment! Follow these quick tips to get some peace of mind and focus.
What You'll Need
What You'll Do
- Notice that you're stuck somewhere in your mind that isn't helping
- STOP (physically stop what you're doing, just for a minute)
- Close your eyes and breathe in deeply, at least for 3 seconds
- With your eyes closed, exhale slowly, at least for 3 seconds
- With your eyes closed, notice one thing you can hear
- Open your eyes and focus on one singular thing. Look it over, study it
- Inhale for at least 3 seconds and squeeze your fists together
- Exhale for at least 3 seconds and release your hands, shaking them out lightly
Tips & Warnings
- Deep breathing and getting into your body always help ground you and bring you back into the moment. Happy grounding!
Report this health tip as inappropriateGood Zing does not review third-party tips for the accuracy of any kind, including health or medical advice, diagnosis or treatment recommendations. All tips are submitted by users and should in no way be substituted for professional or medical advice. Good Zing does not provide health or medical advice, diagnosis, treatment or prescription recommendations.