A Quick Grounding Technique that really works
Whether you're anxious or just caught in your head, grounding can help you get back into your body & the present moment! Follow these quick tips to get some peace of mind and focus.
What You'll Need
What You'll Do
- Notice that you're stuck somewhere in your mind that isn't helping
- STOP (physically stop what you're doing, just for a minute)
- Close your eyes and breathe in deeply, at least for 3 seconds
- With your eyes closed, exhale slowly, at least for 3 seconds
- With your eyes closed, notice one thing you can hear
- Open your eyes and focus on one singular thing. Look it over, study it
- Inhale for at least 3 seconds and squeeze your fists together
- Exhale for at least 3 seconds and release your hands, shaking them out lightly
Tips & Warnings
- Deep breathing and getting into your body always help ground you and bring you back into the moment. Happy grounding!
Report this health tip as inappropriate