Simple Breathing Exercise
This is a simple breathing exercise my Mother taught us when we were young and had an exam or something coming up. Whenever you get those nervous anxious feelings follow this breathing exercise. It takes just a few minutes and can make all the difference in how you feel. Why do this breathing exercise? It does two things. Firstly, it changes your minds focus from whatever is making you feeling anxious to the breathing and counting. Secondly, it calms down your body because you slow your breathing down.
What You'll Need
- Just yourself and an open mind to try beating your anxiety using just your breathing
What You'll Do
- Breathing slowly, count to 4 and hold your breath.
- Count to 7 and let it out while counting to 8. Repeat
- Repeat this exercise minimum of 3 times.
- Be aware that some days 3 times will be enough, on others, you need to keep repeating a few more times until the anxious feelings reduce.
Report this health tip as inappropriate