Water is key to cure a hangover
For every alcoholic drink you have, make sure you have a glass of water and an extra one just before you go to bed (or pass out - no judging here!) My elder sister told me about this and we both totally swear by it! Sounds like an urban myth but from my understanding it really does help for a variety of reasons. Firstly, it means you are not just boozing when you are thirsty, you are rehydrating with water so it means you get less drunk. Secondly, it is said to help your liver to process the booze. So goodbye hangover, goodbye headache, goodbye nausea!
What You'll Need
- Water (a lot of it)
What You'll Do
- Drink your glass of wine etc
- Chase it with Water
- The general water ratio rule is 1:1. So this means that you should order a glass of water every time you order a drink. Or every time you pour yourself a glass of wine, you should make sure you also pour yourself a glass of water.
- A good trick is to leave a full glass of water by your bed before you go out, so that when you get home you see the big glass of water and you just drink it before going to sleep.
- A good trip is also to have a glass of water before you go out, or before you even have your first drink. This means that you are not dehydrated when you have the first glass so you don't feel the urge to just down it quickly.
Tips & Warnings
- Drinking a lot of water might result in a lot of trips to the bathroom!
Report this health tip as inappropriate