This article was written in conjunction with Registered Dietitian-Nutritionist, Katerina Vasilaki.
With picnic and BBQ season in full swing, it's easy to overindulge in yummy treats. That's why on the longest day of the year, we're sharing a delicious, easy healthy banana muffins recipe that will have you be the hit of the party and satisfy your sugar cravings the healthy way!
This sugar-free banana muffins recipe is also safe for babies and toddlers – it's great for weaning babies if you omit any nuts in case of allergies and is a yummy, healthy alternative to the starchy versions as it contains no butter and no refined sugar.
Sugar-free and Nut-free Banana Muffins Recipe
Follow the below directions to make 12 small healthy banana muffins with no added sugar.
• 3 peeled, ripe bananas
• 2 eggs
• 80ml of cold-pressed extra virgin rapeseed oil
• 1 tsp ground cinnamon
• 200gr self-raising brown flour
• 6 dates, chopped
• Splash of desired milk
*If you would like to add some nuts to your muffins, use 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts.
1. Preheat the oven to 180C.
2. Blend together the bananas with the eggs, oil and cinnamon.
3. Sift the flour in a bowl and mix in the banana puree.
4. Stir well then add the dates (if you're using walnuts, you can add them in now too). Finish with a small splash of desired milk to soften the mixture.
5. Bake in silicon muffin cases for approximately 15 minutes until golden.
Trust us, you'll be the toast of the next summer gathering with these sugar-free and guilt-free healthy banana muffins. Enjoy!
To save these helpful tips, Pin This!