How to create the perfect sleep routine
Optimum health tells us that we should be getting 7-8 hours of sleep a night however how much do you really get? And it's been proven that we can all need different amounts. Missing even a few hours of your optimum sleep can have a visible impact on your skin giving you dark circles and a dull complexion, make lines appear more visible, slow cell turnover and give you a cranky mood.
What You'll Need
- Rescue Remedy Night
- Asphalia sleep capsules
- Noctura homeopathic tablets
What You'll Do
- Create a bedtime routine - I like to meditate or practice a bit of Yin Yoga before bedtime so that I can start switching off my mind.
- We all know the blue light emitted from our mobile phones can mess with the signals in the brain telling us when it’s time to sleep so I try to keep my phone out of the bedroom and read a book in the evening instead.
- Use aromatherapy oils - certain scents can create a calming feeling in the body. That’s why I love massaging bit of lavender on my pulse points and sprinkling it on my pillow as I drift off.
- Wear an eye mask - this is something I’ve been doing for years and it’s become a habit now. It supports the delicate skin around your eyes and the darkness it creates allows your body to switch off for the night naturally.
- Often nicknamed the 'sleep tea', chamomile contains no caffeine so it won't keep you up before bed but I also find the ritual of boiling the kettle and making a cup is enough to lull me into a sleepy state. Plus chamomile has anti-anxiety effects so will relax your mind before you drift off for the night.
- Sometimes, even if you've created the perfect atmosphere for sleep, you can need a little extra something to help you drift off. I love sleep supplements and the flower essences of Rescue Remedy Night - a few drops of this on my tongue helps to calm my mind and allow me to fully relax. Another favourite is Asphalia sleep capsules - made from super powerful anti-oxidants they send you to sleep like a baby! I also like Noctura homeopathic tablets that are great for insomnia - unlike the Asphalia they're non drowsy but it can take a bit of time to see results.
Report this health tip as inappropriateGood Zing does not review third-party tips for the accuracy of any kind, including health or medical advice, diagnosis or treatment recommendations. All tips are submitted by users and should in no way be substituted for professional or medical advice. Good Zing does not provide health or medical advice, diagnosis, treatment or prescription recommendations.