Top tips for when you're feeling overwhelmed
It would be great if our lives could be perfectly harmonious but that’s a slightly unrealistic aim. So with that in mind here’s some tips to help you manage your stress better.
What You'll Need
What You'll Do
- Just a few minutes of meditation a day can really help to ease anxiety and stress - start by just focusing on breathing in and out. I find it helps to set a timer for 5 minutes; later you can increase this to ten or 15 minutes
- Proper breathing will help you feel calmer, more grounded and more mindful of the present moment. When I feel stressed, I like to give myself a five-minute break from whatever is bothering me and focus instead on breathing.
- You’d be amazed how helpful laughing can be. When we laugh, we release happy hormones, making the body feel relaxed.
- Having a massage can ease muscle tension and stimulates nerve endings within the skin to send mental ‘relax’ messages to the brain.
- Taking some 'me time by getting outside for a walk, running a warm bath, sit in the park or doing a yoga class can help. Just make sure you put away all digital devices and go somewhere you won’t be disturbed.
Report this health tip as inappropriateGood Zing does not review third-party tips for the accuracy of any kind, including health or medical advice, diagnosis or treatment recommendations. All tips are submitted by users and should in no way be substituted for professional or medical advice. Good Zing does not provide health or medical advice, diagnosis, treatment or prescription recommendations.