Why Drinking Water is Important
Why is drinking water is important, throughout your day, before, during and after exercise and especially after massage? Well, one of the best pieces of advice we can give to our clients to begin with is to “Drink plenty of water to stay hydrated!” Unfortunately so many people chose different types of drinks (ex: tea, coke, lemonade or fruit juice) rather than fresh water… and this is because most of them don’t know that some of these drinks dehydrate the body and can add unwanted calories to their diet. Plus a great deal of people actually confuse the body’s thirst requirements with hunger sensations, therefore eat and perpetuate the unwanted calorie cycle. Some people would also say “I can’t drink water because I’m not thirsty” or “I don’t like the taste” don’t be that person and think twice before you chose your drink. When your water intake does not equal your output, you can become dehydrated. Fluid losses are accentuated in warmer climates, during strenuous exercise, in high altitudes, and in older adults, whose sense of thirst may not be as sharp. So here is our six top reasons you should drink water: Whether it be post exercise, after massage and throughout any and every normal day:
What You'll Need
- An ample source of water readily at hand.
- Preferably not from a plastic bottle. As plastic leaching is poisonous to the body and destructive waste for the environment.
What You'll Do
- Water Helps Maintain the Balance of Body Fluids.
- Water Helps to Control Calories.
- Water Helps to Energize Muscles.
- Water Keeps Skin Hydrated, Youthful Appearance and Looking Good.
- Water Helps Your Kidneys. Body fluids transport waste products in and out of all cells of the body including muscle cells and all soft tissue structures manipulated by massage.
- Water Helps Maintain Normal Bowel Function. Adequate hydration keeps things flowing along your gastrointestinal tract and prevents constipation.
Tips & Warnings
- Lots of great reasons to drink WATER! So stay hydrated.
Report this health tip as inappropriateGood Zing does not review third-party tips for the accuracy of any kind, including health or medical advice, diagnosis or treatment recommendations. All tips are submitted by users and should in no way be substituted for professional or medical advice. Good Zing does not provide health or medical advice, diagnosis, treatment or prescription recommendations.