6 Pre-biotic foods that can help protect the gut when dealing with CFS
My clinic's experience with CFS patients ranges from lifestyle, nutrition, psychology and more. Working with a team of 20 practitioners has helped us gather vital information regarding ways to manage symptoms of CFS. Nutritionists in the clinic say that pre-biotics are vital supplements for anyone living with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS), as they are a type of fiber that protects the body against diseases and digestive issues such as food poisoning, intestinal and colon problems. They do this by feeding the good bacteria in the gut and help ensure that our bodies are able to defend against pathogens which may cause illness and disease. Pre-biotics are not only important for those dealing with symptoms of Chronic Fatigue, they are an important part of everyday nutrition for those with Fibromyalgia, or even MS.
The good new is that many natural foods contain this powerful form of finer needed to help with symptom management and pain relief.
What You'll Need
- Chicory root
What You'll Do
- Long storage times lower the nutrient and pre-biotic power found in natural foods, so make sure to eat the freshest vegetables that you can find.
- Onion soup is considered a great supplement for Chronic Fatigue – it’s packed with pre-biotic goodness and is one of the highest natural sources of vitamin C.
- If you have been prescribed antibiotics for your specific condition, adding these vegetables can help in the long-run.
- Other than supporting those who live with CFS, MS, or Fibromyalgia, adding these pre-biotics can help with health issues like: gastroenteritis, Chrohn’s disease, thrush, and more.
Tips & Warnings
- Everyone's journey is different. Always consult your medical professional or team of experts for more information.