Oatmeal For Acne
An oatmeal mask for acne can help freshen and rejuvenate the skin, it is a great way to reduce inflammation and redness of the skin. Cooked oatmeal reduces inflammation whereas raw oatmeal only exfoliates the skin. The way cooked oatmeal soothes the skin is by reducing the production of one class of inflammatory chemicals. It cleanses pores by absorbing oil and exfoliating the skin. Try adding the right kind of honey (Manuka is best) added to a cooked oatmeal mask can reduce inflammation further. Honey eases application and serves as a skin toner.
What You'll Need
- Oatmeal & option to add honey
What You'll Do
- Cook a single serving of oatmeal that you would for breakfast
- Add a table spoon of honey if you desire
- Allow the mixture to cool before applying
- Leave for 10 - 20 minutes
Tips & Warnings
- Oatmeal or oatmeal & honey masks are an addition to sensible daily skin care, not a substitute for it. Avoid the areas around the eye.
Report this health tip as inappropriateGood Zing does not review third-party tips for the accuracy of any kind, including health or medical advice, diagnosis or treatment recommendations. All tips are submitted by users and should in no way be substituted for professional or medical advice. Good Zing does not provide health or medical advice, diagnosis, treatment or prescription recommendations.