Meditate Daily - As little as 5 minutes makes a difference!
Meditation is all about tapping into our inner stillness and experiencing the present moment in full awareness. It is a challenging practice but well worth the effort. Try it out for at least 5 minutes daily and you'll see the difference. Not good at self-motivating? Download an app like "Headspace" or "Calm" to get you started.
What You'll Need
- A quite place to sit
What You'll Do
- Find a place you can sit quietly, without any added distractions.
- Come to a comfortable seat, where your feet rest below your hips (either cross-legged on a cushion, or sitting in a chair with your feet on the ground).
- Close your eyes and start to pay attention to your breath.
- Whenever you find your mind drifting off to a thought (to-do lists, plans, desires, etc), simply state internally "thinking" then come back to the breath and notice the sensation of your body sitting. You will likely do this over and over and over again. Try not to judge yourself but instead keep at it. Remember, it's a practice!
- Sit, breathe and observe as long as possible though even just 5 minutes will make a difference.
- Try again tomorrow!
Report this health tip as inappropriateGood Zing does not review third-party tips for the accuracy of any kind, including health or medical advice, diagnosis or treatment recommendations. All tips are submitted by users and should in no way be substituted for professional or medical advice. Good Zing does not provide health or medical advice, diagnosis, treatment or prescription recommendations.