How to Soothe Period Pain
Most adverts for feminine hygiene products show smily women being sporty. Many women feel anything but smily or sporty during their period and some suffer with terrible period pain. Try these simple tips to try and lessen symptoms.
What You'll Need
- Good proteins eg lean meat, fish, eggs. Green veg eg spinach, avocado, asparagus, kale.
- A good quality plant-based oil eg almond, grapeseed, coconut to gently massage.
What You'll Do
- Keep your protein and green veg up and wheat and sugar down. It will keep the body in an anti-inflammatory state which reduces reactivity in the body.
- Take as much rest as you can. Especially the days of your heaviest bleed. Nap if you need to, do nothing if you can or lower the pace of activity to conserve your energy.
- Massage your abdomen with warm almond, grapeseed or coconut oil to reduce discomfort.
Report this health tip as inappropriateGood Zing does not review third-party tips for the accuracy of any kind, including health or medical advice, diagnosis or treatment recommendations. All tips are submitted by users and should in no way be substituted for professional or medical advice. Good Zing does not provide health or medical advice, diagnosis, treatment or prescription recommendations.