7 Tips to Cleanse and Detox Naturally
We all have tried a cleanse and detox at some point, but most of them are short term. The reality is that with all the toxins we are exposed to on a daily basis, we need to be cleansing and detoxing naturally, consistently. Below are 7 different areas of your physical health that you can start to cleanse and detox naturally through, with one tip each. Take some paper and pen and work through the tips and write down ONE action step you are going to take in each of the 7 areas. Be sure to share with tip resonated with you the most!
What You'll Need
- Paper and Pen - to reflect and write down your action steps
- Essential Oils (optional) for Natural Solutions for your skin, hair, body and home
- Open mind :)
What You'll Do
- NUTRITION: Make small changes when it comes to your nutrition. Don't try to change everything at once, simply do one thing at a time! One of the best ways to do this is through the Crowding Out Method, where you crowd out less nutritious foods by adding in more nutritious foods. For example, start to include more starchy vegetables in your diet (such as sweet potatoes) and it will slowly crowd out the desire for french fries.
- EXERCISE: Do exercises you enjoy. The best way to develop a consistent and effective exercise routine is to start off doing exercises you enjoy.Walking, running, pilates, Zumba - whatever it is, start moving and doing something you enjoy.
- STRESS MANAGEMENT: Choose 2-3 exercises to help you manage stress. Stress is one of the main causes of the health problems we face and did you know that our bodies respond to mental and physical stress the same? Yep! they do. I personally LOVE using breathing exercises with essential oils together to help me manage stress, but other activities such as journaling, exercising, listening to music can help too.
- SLEEP: Develop a Consistent Sleep Routine. Lack of sleep wreaks havoc in your body and will delay your cleanse and detox results, as well as other health goals like weight loss and more energy. Start to create triggers indicating to your body it's time to sleep. Dark rooms, diffusing essential oils, dimming the lights - they are all great ones that work for me.
- DIGESTION: Eat Foods that Help Your Gut. With 60 to 80% of your immune system in your gut, it's extremely important to eat foods that impact your gut positively. Further to that, since more of our serotonin (happy hormones), are made in our gut - we need to make sure to eat well to keep our mind happy. Eat more foods with probiotics (good bacteria) like kombucha and probiotic supplements.
- REDUCE TOXIC LOAD: Use more natural solutions for your body, skin, hair, cleaning and internal supplements. Many of our toxins come not just in our food, but in the products, we use in everyday life on our skin, hair, and even some form of supplements or medication we take internally. Choose one product you use in your everyday life, look at the ingredients, look it up, and if there are any of them in their that could pose potential harm to your body, try to find a natural solution or alternative. For me, I use doTERRA essential oils as alternatives and use them to make my own DIY items.
- MINDSET, HABITS AND OTHER AREAS OF YOUR LIFE: Change your mindset around healthy living. We all have certain beliefs around healthy living that honestly, don't help us achieve our goals. Your mind has incredible power in influencing your habits around healthy living. So start to think about the negative thoughts you think about healthy living, and re-write it to be more positive and true.
Tips & Warnings
- Grab access to my 7 Tips to Cleanse and Detox Naturally Series on my Podcast + Workbook, as well as check out more about essential oils below: -WORKBOOK: www.madewell345.com/cleanseanddetoxnaturally -PODCAST: www.madewell345.com/itunes -ESSENTIAL OILS: www.madewell345.com/essential-oils
Report this health tip as inappropriateGood Zing does not review third-party tips for the accuracy of any kind, including health or medical advice, diagnosis or treatment recommendations. All tips are submitted by users and should in no way be substituted for professional or medical advice. Good Zing does not provide health or medical advice, diagnosis, treatment or prescription recommendations.