The principle of 70% exercise in TCM
Too much exercise, internal or external, can be harmful for our health. Like overworking, exercising till you drop or being overly vigorous is more likely to deplete your energy than to improve health. Chinese Medicine emphasises balance and suggests moderation in everything. Over-straining in exercise can lead to injury, tension or over-taxing the system. The net result of this is not better health! Chinese Medicine advises to exercise to 70% of your capacity.
What You'll Need
- Capacity to listen to your body
What You'll Do
- Find an exercise you like doing and commit to it
- But also ensure you get plenty of rest days and if you feel tired, rest.
- If you feel exhausted, it is best not to exercise, as it will deplete you further.
- Listen to your body and what it is trying to tell you and go slow!