Change your fillings to change your smile
You may already be aware of how metal amalgam fillings can create the effect of a 'shadow smile' - a greyish background to your pearly whites. While this isn't a traditional 'teeth whitening tip', I thought you may be interested to know the difference that new white fillings can make to the appearance of your teeth and smile. Teeth whitening and brightening methods are ultimately limited if your smile is tainted by the shadow of metal.
What You'll Need
- Your local dentist
What You'll Do
- Speak to your local dentist about replacing your amalgam fillings (safely) with new white fillings.
- During your appointment, after the amalgam fillings have been removed, white fillings will fill the cavity.
- They are made from a putty-like substance and will harden , permanently bonding to your natural tooth.
- The composite can even be used on your front teeth to cover imperfections and reshape teeth for a more even smile.
Tips & Warnings
- What makes white fillings great is that less drilling is required and more of the natural tooth can be saved.
Report this health tip as inappropriateGood Zing does not review third-party tips for the accuracy of any kind, including health or medical advice, diagnosis or treatment recommendations. All tips are submitted by users and should in no way be substituted for professional or medical advice. Good Zing does not provide health or medical advice, diagnosis, treatment or prescription recommendations.