Aloe Vera to the rescue!
Heat rash is an itchy inflammation of the skin caused by obstruction of sweat glands. Basically anyone who has experienced heat rash knows you’re just stressing about the itching, burning and dry skin. But don’t you worry, some claim aloe vera is the cure to everything and in this case I’m not arguing! Wash the area with cold water and gentle soap. Allow the rash to air dry completely, towels with further irritate the rash with excessive contact. Keep the skin uncovered so it can breathe. Then apply aloe vera gel to the surface. Another option I’ve heard of is freezing aloe vera gel or keeping it in the fridge so not only does it effectively aid symptoms but it also cools which helps naturally with the burning sensation and keeping the area cool.
What You'll Need
- Aloe vera gel - not cream/lotion
- A fridge to keep it cool (optional)
What You'll Do
- Wash area with cold water and mild soap
- Allow rash to air dry - no towel
- Keep skin uncovered so it can breathe
- Apply aloe vera gel (take it out of the fridge or freezer if you went for the more luxurious option)
- Try to stay cool to reduce symptoms and further rashes from developing
Tips & Warnings
- NOTE: use gel not lotion!
Report this health tip as inappropriateGood Zing does not review third-party tips for the accuracy of any kind, including health or medical advice, diagnosis or treatment recommendations. All tips are submitted by users and should in no way be substituted for professional or medical advice. Good Zing does not provide health or medical advice, diagnosis, treatment or prescription recommendations.