Adequate hydration and nutrition
Adequate nutrition and hydration is key to performance and recovery from exercise. Follow the steps below:
What You'll Need
- Carbohydrate/protein snack
What You'll Do
- 2 hours before exercise consume between 400-600ml fluids.
- Every 15-20 min consume 150-350ml depending on tolerance.
- After exercise consume between 450-675ml fluids for every pound of body weight lost during exercise.
- Within 30 min eat a snack that contains both carbohydrate and protein.
Report this health tip as inappropriateGood Zing does not review third-party tips for the accuracy of any kind, including health or medical advice, diagnosis or treatment recommendations. All tips are submitted by users and should in no way be substituted for professional or medical advice. Good Zing does not provide health or medical advice, diagnosis, treatment or prescription recommendations.