My children loved swimming growing up but they kept getting verrucas, which quickly became the bane of my life! One of the best methods for getting rid of them I found is to place a banana skin on the verruca and either strap it up so it stays on or put a sock over it. Keep it on for as long as possible (ideally overnight) to starve the verruca of oxygen. Repeat this for as long as necessary but with both my children it used to take around 2-3 weeks for the verruca to clear up.
What You'll Need
- Banana skin
- Masking tape or duct tape to secure the skin
- Sock to keep everything in place overnight if necessary
What You'll Do
- Cut up a piece of banana skin
- Place it on the verruca and tape it into place.
- Put a sock over the foot and leave for the night.
Report this health tip as inappropriateGood Zing does not review third-party tips for the accuracy of any kind, including health or medical advice, diagnosis or treatment recommendations. All tips are submitted by users and should in no way be substituted for professional or medical advice. Good Zing does not provide health or medical advice, diagnosis, treatment or prescription recommendations.