Dry brushing can remove ingrown hairs fast
Dry body brushing is a great home remedy to prevent ingrown hairs, remove them and leave your skin baby smooth! Buy yourself a natural bristle brush with a long handle so you can reach all over your body to help get rid of ingrowns. Ingrowns can happen because of shaving, trapped sweat or bacteria and one of the best natural ways to help them come out without attacking your skin with tweezers is to create a healthy bath time ritual to help ease them out. Some people also like to dry brush with warm water as they believe it helps the follicles open up and soften and makes for the hair to come out easier when dry body brushing, but I've been doing it without any water on. Bonus? Dry brushing is also said to improve the look of cellulite and smoothe things out so it's a double whammy! Here's how you can feel silky smooth in no time:
What You'll Need
- Natural bristle brush
- Coconut oil or moisturising body lotion
What You'll Do
- Get in the shower or stand in the bath (without the water on).
- Start from the bottom of your body and work upward to your heart, brushing in circular motions as you work your way upward.
- This will help to exfoliate your entire body and prevent ingrown hairs from appearing.
- After brushing shower off and moisturize with coconut oil or your preferred moisturizer.
Tips & Warnings
- Make sure to rub in circular motions gently - you don't want to irritate your skin or cause any severe scratched or burns.
Report this health tip as inappropriateGood Zing does not review third-party tips for the accuracy of any kind, including health or medical advice, diagnosis or treatment recommendations. All tips are submitted by users and should in no way be substituted for professional or medical advice. Good Zing does not provide health or medical advice, diagnosis, treatment or prescription recommendations.