How to stop procrastinating: Simplify!
Let's simplify procrastination......It's just not doing what you said you were going to do when you said you were going to do it. We often think of procrastination as something big and deep or difficult. It's not at all - it's simple. In fact the more you put something off the bigger it becomes and the more negative space it takes up in your mind.
What You'll Need
- Just your desire to do something differently
What You'll Do
- Be specific about what you are going to do. It must be very clear whether or not you completed it - other wise your mind will negotiate and try to wriggle out of it.
- Give yourself a "by when" date and/or time you will do it.
- Get accountability help. Tell someone what you will do and by when.
- Put it on your calendar/schedule the time when you will do it.
- Stick to it and notice how much better and more confident you feel after!
Tips & Warnings
- We are much better at showing up and following through for other people versus ourselves. If you tell someone you are going to do something you are more likely to do it. We don't like to look bad or be embarrassed in front of others but we often don't mind not showing up for ourselves. So involve someone else in your commitment - even if it's just a promise to check in by a certain date to confirm you've followed through.
Report this health tip as inappropriateGood Zing does not review third-party tips for the accuracy of any kind, including health or medical advice, diagnosis or treatment recommendations. All tips are submitted by users and should in no way be substituted for professional or medical advice. Good Zing does not provide health or medical advice, diagnosis, treatment or prescription recommendations.