Lucas Papaw Ointment to help your skin with sunburn
This stuff is really great to help your skin recover from sunburn (and also with basic burns which is what my mother has always used it for). Lucas Papaw Ointment is a solid Australian brand that everyone knows but when I moved to the UK I realised that no one had heard of it. The papaw has anti-bacterial and antimicrobial properties and you can use it on so many different basic skin issues. It is sold across Australia and you are just beginning to see it in a few shops in the UK as well. I really love this little tube! It's so soothing that while it can be used for different things like skin rashes, burns or even eczema, I find this product works best to help ease the pain and discomfort of a sunburn. That burning, itchy sensation disappears after you use this magic stuff. I find it's best to just stock up and keep a batch of Lucas Papaw at home - you never know if you might burn your finger taking a dish out of the oven!
What You'll Need
- Lucas Papaw Ointment
What You'll Do
- Put a small amount of the Lucas Papaw ointment on the burnt area
- Make sure you dab it on and let it soak in rather then really rub it in
- It can be a bit greasy so let it dry out (can take 15 minutes) before you put your clothes on
- Re apply morning and evening until your skin is not longer red and sore
Tips & Warnings
- Make sure you buy the real thing; there are a few pretenders out there and their creams do not have the right ingredients in. I have done my research on this and the real product is authorised in Australia by something called the Therapeutic Goods Administration.
Report this health tip as inappropriateGood Zing does not review third-party tips for the accuracy of any kind, including health or medical advice, diagnosis or treatment recommendations. All tips are submitted by users and should in no way be substituted for professional or medical advice. Good Zing does not provide health or medical advice, diagnosis, treatment or prescription recommendations.