Get more energy from your snacks! Find a balance of carbs & protein
Carbohydrates raise our blood sugar to give us energy, and when paired with protein that energy can last even longer than if the carbohydrates were eaten alone. Both nutrients provide energy alone, but when paired together for a balanced snack that energy will get you much further throughout your day!
What You'll Need
- Apples + cheese
- Grapes + peanuts
- Apples + almond butter
- Whole grain crackers + cheese
- Whole grain crackers + nut butter
- Greek yogurt + sliced almonds
- Veggie sticks + yogurt dip
- Veggie sticks + hummus
- Bean salsa + pita chips
- Celery + peanut butter
- Trail mix with air popped popcorn, dried fruit, and nuts
What You'll Do
- Find healthy carbohydrates such as fruit, vegetables, whole grains, or dairy.
- Pair with protein such as dairy, poultry, fish, meat, nuts, seeds, beans, or eggs
Tips & Warnings
- Always talk with your doctor before making any significant diet changes.
Report this health tip as inappropriateGood Zing does not review third-party tips for the accuracy of any kind, including health or medical advice, diagnosis or treatment recommendations. All tips are submitted by users and should in no way be substituted for professional or medical advice. Good Zing does not provide health or medical advice, diagnosis, treatment or prescription recommendations.