Chinese Medicine tips to aid regular bowel motion.
Follow these tips to help ease constipation and have regular bowel movement
What You'll Need
- Warm lemon water,
- Herbal tea,
- Lots of fibre (fresh fruits & vegetables),
- Abdominal massage (clockwise motion only),
- Good sleep,
- A good daily probiotic supplement.
What You'll Do
- Tip 1 - ABDOMINAL MASSAGE : Give yourself a daily abdomen massage in a clockwise motion. Place one hand over the other and rotate around your belly in large circles. This is the direction the faeces travels through the ascending, transcending and descending colon.
- Tip 2: ACUPRESSURE: There’s a acupuncture point on the abdomen called 'Tian Shu' (Stomach 25) that with strong stimulation will help with bowel motion.
- TIP 3: DRINK LOTS OF WARM FLUIDS: Not room temperature, not cold, but warm. T
- IP 4: AVOID FOODS THAT HEAT THE BODY INTERNALLY: Avoid heating and drying foods like chilli, garlic & cinnamon. These have the tendency to dry out the bowels as they are warming in nature.
- TIP 5: LEARN TO RELAX: Get into the habit of relaxing. A lot of constipation can be from internal heat which is generated from emotional stress. Yoga & meditation are great for calming the mind and regulating bowel motion.
- TIP 6: MOVE DAILY: Move your body, whether its a walk, run, stretch, yoga etc it will ignite the digestive system and get things moving.
- TIP 7: WARM GLASS OF WATER & LEMON ON WAKING: Awakens the digestive system after hours of rest.
- TIP 8: EAT BREAKFAST: Between 5am and 7am is time when 'Qi' of the Large Intestine is at it’s peak. Eating breakfast stimulates digestion. A morning chew gets digestive enzymes juicing up our gastrointestinal tracts and is a prompt for peristalsis.
- TIP 9: FIBRE: Make sure your fibre intake is regular and in every meal with lots of fresh fruit and vegetables.
- TIP 10: PROBIOTICS: Bowel motions are part of good digestive health. Probiotics are live bacteria and yeasts that are good for your health, especially your digestive system. We usually think of bacteria as something that causes diseases. But your body is full of bacteria, both good and bad. Probiotics are often called "good" or "helpful" bacteria because they help keep your gut healthy.
Tips & Warnings
- Chinese medicine views that a normal bowel movement should occur once or twice a day and be relatively easy to pass. The stool will ideally be formed without being too hard or dry and any smell should be mild. There should be no pain or burning when passing the stool and it should not contain any blood or mucous. At the end of the movement one should feel cleared and completely empty. Abdominal massage to ignite the digestive system should be administered in a CLOCKWISE MOTION ONLY 'NOT' ANTICLOCKWISE!
Report this health tip as inappropriateGood Zing does not review third-party tips for the accuracy of any kind, including health or medical advice, diagnosis or treatment recommendations. All tips are submitted by users and should in no way be substituted for professional or medical advice. Good Zing does not provide health or medical advice, diagnosis, treatment or prescription recommendations.