How to Stop Insomnia by Restoring Natural Body 24 hr Rythms: 5 Simple Steps at Home
Insomnia in part is often a result of too much 'Light at Night.' or LAN in the modern world which can confuse your brain and body and make it difficult to shut off the mind when you want to sleep. If you have chronic insomnia these steps should be part of your initial strategy for getting to sleep better.
What You'll Need
- Your bed
- Red light bulbs
- Blue light blocking glasses to wear at night
- Melatonin pills
- Light box (phototherapy box-can find online)
What You'll Do
- 1. Use a Light Box (phototherapy box) for 5-15 minutes as soon as you wake up
- 2. Install red light bulbs in your bedroom and change the rest of bulbs in house where possible to incandescent from energy saving/flourescent which disrupt melatonin, your sleep hormone more than incandescent bulbs
- 3. Stimulate dusk at sunset time by dimming the lights in your house and use blue-spectrum blocking glasses (you can find online) 2 hrs before bed to disrupt disrupting your sleep hormone melatonin
- Try taking 1-3 mg Slow Release Melatonin 30 minutes before sleep and keep the same wake up time and bedtime during the week and on the weekends, avoid sleeping in on weekends to 'catch up' on sleep.
Report this health tip as inappropriateGood Zing does not review third-party tips for the accuracy of any kind, including health or medical advice, diagnosis or treatment recommendations. All tips are submitted by users and should in no way be substituted for professional or medical advice. Good Zing does not provide health or medical advice, diagnosis, treatment or prescription recommendations.