Write it out
Follow these steps to help cure you anxiety
What You'll Need
- Pen, paper and a few minutes
What You'll Do
- 1) Sit down and ask yourself, what is keeping me from feeling peaceful and happy today?
- 2) Number each worry you have and under each category write down everything you are afraid of. Don't be conservative here, really go for it. Write every single possibility that you are afraid will happen, even the most outrageous like 'I'm afraid my dog will eat me as I sleep at night' or 'I am afraid my (usually loving) husband hates me because I gained a few pounds so he will leave me and I will die.' This bit might even make you laugh, which is a very good way to break the anxiety down.
- 3) Then ask yourself, what is in my power to change in this situation? This bit is interesting because usually we find there may not be huge amount we can do.
- 4) Write down everything you could do that may help.
- 5) Choose one action to take from this list and decide when you are going to do it. I find one of the most effective actions is to take a moment to pray and ask the universe to guide you to the right answer.
- 6) Finally, write down that you are officially handing this problem to life/ the universe/ higher power or whatever you call the power greater than yourself. Write 'Thank you for taking care of this for me.'
- 7) Relax and know you have done your part and the rest is out of your hands.
Tips & Warnings
- Thinking this process through is not nearly as effective as writing it. There is magical power (or clever brain functioning as you choose to see it!) that requires you to actually write it down.
Report this health tip as inappropriateGood Zing does not review third-party tips for the accuracy of any kind, including health or medical advice, diagnosis or treatment recommendations. All tips are submitted by users and should in no way be substituted for professional or medical advice. Good Zing does not provide health or medical advice, diagnosis, treatment or prescription recommendations.