Can CBD oil help you sleep?
In 2017, the American National Academy of Science concluded in an extensive report on cannabis lietrature that there is moderate evidence that cannabinoids, mainly Sativex (THC and CBD combined to treat MS spasm), is an effective treatment to improve short-term sleep in individuals with obstructive sleep apnea syndrome, fibromyalgia, chronic pain, and multiple sclerosis.
The evidence suggests that CBD might have a role in managing insomnia but we are still lacking results on dosage, efficacy, safety and long-term effects. However, clinical trials investigating the effects that cannabis have on sleep are continuing to grow.
What You'll Need
- I use this oil blended with chamomille: https://thedrug.store/collections/oils/products/pm-tincture-30ml
What You'll Do
- Speak to a professional with regards to dosing if you are a first time user.
- Start with using 5 drops under the tongue 1-2 hours before bedtime.
- Leave it there for 1 minute to get absorbed into the blood.
- Increase the dose over the following week to reach a final dose between 20-30 mg. 30 mg of the above Yuyo botanicals bottle with a CBD concentration of 900 mg is one full pipette.
Tips & Warnings
- CBD is not a cure for health issues like insomnia, however research is increasing on its positive effects.