How Your Pyjamas Can Help Your Eczema
Itchy irritated eczema skin can be such a nuisance. We often can not cure the underlying condition but as doctors we try to improve it with moisturising emollients creams and often stronger medications such as steroid based creams and ointments. If you are a regular sufferer then it is well worth thinking about your nightwear. We know that natural fibres are much less likely to irritate your skin. Cotton or bamboo type fabrics are often really comfortable. Pyjamas should be slightly loose, but not so big that they will be lots of movement and rubbing on the skin. If your symptoms are more severe or that is not helping it may be worth investing in some more specialist nightwear. These are usually specially made silk fabrics which are also anti-microbial to reduce bacteria on the skin.
What You'll Need
- Pyjamas from natural fibres such as cotton and bamboo fabrics.
- Specially made silk pyjamas e.g. DermaSilk
What You'll Do
- Think about your nightwear, could your pyjamas be making your rash worse?
- Decide if what kind of nightwear you want to try.
Tips & Warnings
- If that doesn't help it might be worth also trying wear gloves at night to reduce scratching. If your eczema is not controlled then see your doctor, there are lots of excellent treatments out there and you might need to consider allergy testing to find a trigger.
Report this health tip as inappropriateGood Zing does not review third-party tips for the accuracy of any kind, including health or medical advice, diagnosis or treatment recommendations. All tips are submitted by users and should in no way be substituted for professional or medical advice. Good Zing does not provide health or medical advice, diagnosis, treatment or prescription recommendations.