Beat stress with mindfulness
Being mindful allows us to become aware of our thoughts, especially those that seem to fuel stress. Overthinking often goes hand in hand with stress and being able to recognise when it is happening will make us more likely to stop it in its track. And bonus, mindfulness can help us stop reacting to challenging situations, situations. It encourages us to slow down, reflect and come up with solutions that will honour our needs and the needs of others.
What You'll Need
- a quiet space
- a chair to sit on
What You'll Do
- Sit yourself comfortably, feet touching the floor, shoulders relaxed, eyes closed, breathing deeply.
- Notice 3 things you can hear (30 seconds)
- Notice 3 things you can feel (30 seconds)
- Open your eyes and notice 3 things you can see (30 seconds)
- Finish by taking a deep breath in, and sighing out loudly. All done!
Report this health tip as inappropriateGood Zing does not review third-party tips for the accuracy of any kind, including health or medical advice, diagnosis or treatment recommendations. All tips are submitted by users and should in no way be substituted for professional or medical advice. Good Zing does not provide health or medical advice, diagnosis, treatment or prescription recommendations.