IBS management according to a Nutritional Therapist
Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) affects around 15% of people in the western world. This condition can be managed relatively effectively with the correct dietary interventions.
What You'll Need
- eat diet of only real food. avoid packaged products
- eat soups and mashed foods during flare ups
What You'll Do
- have regular meals and take time to eat without the distraction of screens/work
- avoid leaving long gaps between meals (5 hours max)
- drink at least 8 cups of water daily. preferably mineral water with a good amount of magnesium within
- restrict gut irritants: caffeine, alcohol, painkillers
- limit fibre content initially and introduce more gradually over time. Eventually aiming for 20g per day
Tips & Warnings
- identify food sensitivities or intolerances by taking part in an exclusion diet for 28 days
Report this health tip as inappropriateGood Zing does not review third-party tips for the accuracy of any kind, including health or medical advice, diagnosis or treatment recommendations. All tips are submitted by users and should in no way be substituted for professional or medical advice. Good Zing does not provide health or medical advice, diagnosis, treatment or prescription recommendations.