How to reclaim your lunch break
How often do you properly stop for lunch at work? And I don’t mean mindlessly grabbing something from the nearest sandwich shop and scrolling through celeb gossip while keeping an eye on your emails. It’s time to carve out some precious time for yourself during the day, the time you’re entitled to. Taking back this time can really boost your mental health and wellbeing.
What You'll Need
- Nothing except the will to want to leave your desk!
What You'll Do
- Tell yourself that it will all be there when you get back and little will have changed, then leave your desk. Yes, get up and out if you can.
- Do something you enjoy! e.g. grab a book and head to a cafe, take an exercise class, book an express manicure, walk around the block or simply phone a friend.
- Stop any feeling of guilt by reminding yourself that you’ll actually do the work quicker once you’ve refreshed your brain.
Tips & Warnings
- It is within your legal right to take a lunch break, feel free to remind your boss of that if you get a hard time at work.
Report this health tip as inappropriateGood Zing does not review third-party tips for the accuracy of any kind, including health or medical advice, diagnosis or treatment recommendations. All tips are submitted by users and should in no way be substituted for professional or medical advice. Good Zing does not provide health or medical advice, diagnosis, treatment or prescription recommendations.