Hair of the dog, fish oil, plant-based protein, Pilates
Follow the below four steps for optimum exercise recovery:
What You'll Need
- A bar (doorframe mounted works well), good quality fish oil capsules, plant-based protein powder
What You'll Do
- Use what hurt you to recover. In this instance, movement. Perform a series of plie squats (slow, full range of movement, aim for 4 sets of 10) and bar hangs (aim to hang for 4 counts of 10 seconds) to help restore muscle length and encourage the release of toxins;
- Take fish oils daily. Select a product with high EHA and DPA values (essential fatty acids). Fish oils have anti-inflammatory properties at a high enough dosage;
- Use a plant-based protein without anti-nutrient fillers and as low a sugar content as possible. Plant-based proteins will not bloat or bulk you like whey can do. Blend with avocado and an unsweetened nut milk to make it more palatable if required;
- Pilates stretches are dynamic and develop muscle control whilst restoring length. The "roll-down" improves spinal articulation and relaxes the nervous system from head to toe. You cannot do enough roll-downs!
Report this health tip as inappropriateGood Zing does not review third-party tips for the accuracy of any kind, including health or medical advice, diagnosis or treatment recommendations. All tips are submitted by users and should in no way be substituted for professional or medical advice. Good Zing does not provide health or medical advice, diagnosis, treatment or prescription recommendations.