Recipe for Chai Immune Booster
One of the most nutritious and delicious drinks you could possibly ingest is chai. Many of the herbs in chai tea are great immune system boosters, and they are also so nicely warming and supportive for the digestive system. The recipe is simple, oh-so healthy, and will help guide you healthfully through the colder months of the fall, winter, and spring.
What You'll Need
- 5 Cinnamon sticks
- A sprinkle of cardamom
- A generous sprinkle of nutmeg
- A sprinkle of allspice
- 10 slices fresh ginger
- 2 star-anise, broken into pods
- 6 whole cloves
- 4 slices fresh turmeric
- 6 peppercorns
- 5 tea bags ( I used black tea – PG tips)
What You'll Do
- Bring 5 cups of water to boil in a large saucepan.
- Once boiling, add 6 cloves and allow to cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients except the tea; reduce heat and allow to simmer for 15 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, add in the tea and let steep for 2 minutes.
- Strain ingredients.
- Optional serving: My favorite way to have this Chai is to take 3 parts tea, 1 part milk. Coconut milk, almond milk, or raw cow’s milk all taste great in my book. I also like adding a tsp of maple syrup and a dash of vanilla extract.* If you are cleansing you may want to omit these suggestions, I tried my batch just for you and still liked it plain!
Report this health tip as inappropriateGood Zing does not review third-party tips for the accuracy of any kind, including health or medical advice, diagnosis or treatment recommendations. All tips are submitted by users and should in no way be substituted for professional or medical advice. Good Zing does not provide health or medical advice, diagnosis, treatment or prescription recommendations.