Ditch binary views
Things are rarely black and white, there are many shades of grey in between. Seeing only ‘good or bad’, ‘yes or no’ and ‘success or failure’ just isn’t helpful – it’s too rigid and doesn’t allow for the richness and complexity of life to be seen. It also stops you from thinking creatively and constructively. Binary thoughts keep you stuck.
What You'll Need
- Honesty with yourself.
What You'll Do
- When you notice binary thinking, simply ask yourself how true it is what you’re thinking: what alternatives are there?
- How else can you look at this?
- How can you make this work for you?
- How can you use this to your advantage?
- If that’s not working, ask yourself what a close friend might say to you.
Report this health tip as inappropriateGood Zing does not review third-party tips for the accuracy of any kind, including health or medical advice, diagnosis or treatment recommendations. All tips are submitted by users and should in no way be substituted for professional or medical advice. Good Zing does not provide health or medical advice, diagnosis, treatment or prescription recommendations.