4 reasons when a detox is NOT beneficial
A detox is NOT for you if, if you are looking to do it for the following reasons.
What You'll Need
- Not looking to crash-diet/ lose weight quickly
- Not currently stressed out
- Not currently having a slow metabolism (sluggish/ get cold easily/ put on weight easily...)
- Not chronically constipated
What You'll Do
- You're looking to lose weight quickly. (A detox should never be used as a crash diet!)
- You're currently stressed out. (A detox can add to your toxic load if you're highly stressed!)
- You've got a slow metabolism. (A detox may slow down your metabolism even more and be dangerous for you!)
- You're chronically constipated. (A detox with no fibre included is harder on your detoxification systems).
Tips & Warnings
- Find out more in the original blog post here: http://enlightenedspoon.com/blog/2017/3/15/4-reasons-why-a-spring-detox-is-not-for-y REFERENCES: Longo VD, Mattson MP (2014). Fasting: Molecular Mechanisms and Clinical Applications. Available: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3946160/. Hess ME, Brüning JC (2014). The fat mass and obesity-associated (FTO) gene: Obesity and beyond? Available: http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0925443914000337. Hooper LE, Foster-Schubert KE, Weigle DS, et al (2010). Frequent intentional weight loss is associated with higher ghrelin and lower glucose and androgen levels in postmenopausal women. Available: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2992868/. Ranabir S, Reetu K. (2011). Stress and hormones. Available: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3079864/ Lam M, Lam J, Lam D (2015). Liver Health and Adrenal Fatigue Syndrome – Part 1. Available: https://www.drlam.com/blog/liver-health-afs-part-1/7851/. Cespedes, A (2016). Does Fasting Speed Up Metabolism? Available: http://www.livestrong.com/article/394573-does-fasting-speed-up-metabolism/.
Report this health tip as inappropriateGood Zing does not review third-party tips for the accuracy of any kind, including health or medical advice, diagnosis or treatment recommendations. All tips are submitted by users and should in no way be substituted for professional or medical advice. Good Zing does not provide health or medical advice, diagnosis, treatment or prescription recommendations.