5 tips to combat pre event stress
It's no wonder that you may feel some anxiety before a big event, the pressure might be on but here are 5 easy ways to keep calm and carry on:
What You'll Need
- Passiflora tincture
- Magnesium rich foods
- a good book
- and no coffee!
What You'll Do
- Skip your morning coffee - caffeine will instigate a stress response in the body triggering the release of adrenalin. You'll already have enough adrenalin in your body as you prepare for your event, this little latte might just push you over the edge.
- L-theanine is an amino acid which helps keep us calm. In the days leading up to the event sip on a matcha green tea or take a supplement
- Magnesium is needed to help nerve transmission thought the brain and body. Adding magnesium rich foods to your diet the week before an event can help your body stay relaxed, relieving the muscle tension you might get when nervous and helping you sleep more soundly
- Passiflora is a herb and can be found in health food stores as a tincture. It has been shown to aid with easing anxiety and help with insomnia. A few drops in water the morning of your event will help you stay calm and collected
- Get a good sleep the night before - tiredness only fires up anxiety. Switch off the TV by 9, take a bath and then read a book. 8 hours of sleep will ensure you are raring to go the next day - you'll forget about those nerves and perform to your best
Report this health tip as inappropriateGood Zing does not review third-party tips for the accuracy of any kind, including health or medical advice, diagnosis or treatment recommendations. All tips are submitted by users and should in no way be substituted for professional or medical advice. Good Zing does not provide health or medical advice, diagnosis, treatment or prescription recommendations.