Be Kinder to Yourself with Compassion Conversations
How much compassion do you show to yourself? Being kind to oneself is a vital step in the self love journey. Throughout the evolution of human beings, we're hard-wired for the negative, tuned in to sense danger, otherwise we'd have been wiped out when we went to pat that lovely big Saber Tooth Tiger kitty that was lurking outside of the cave entrance. Evolved as we may have done, we can be pretty hard on ourselves, allowing the inner critic committee to run the show. And that inner bully can be loud and often gets stuck on repeat, like an unwanted drunken guest at your sophisticated dinner party. It's simply our ego playing out to keep us safe. Kindness and compassion speak in quieter and more positive tones, And when we can to know the difference between the voice of the ego, and the softer tones of compassion, we can have kinder conversations with ourselves. So, let's start having some compassion conversations with our inner fears to turn this love around. Try journalling on these following questions:
What You'll Need
- A journal and pen
- Some quiet time where you can write undisturbed
What You'll Do
- What are you really trying to tell me?
- What are you keeping me safe from?
- Where is the evidence this won't work out?
- What are you worried about if it does work out?
- What is it that you don't want me to experience, or feel?
- What's important about that?
Tips & Warnings
- Once you've connected in with compassion explore strategies which will being kindness and empowerment to any actions you wish to take. You can find out more strategies and activation exercises in the Practical Magic Activation Deck, a life coach in a box www.practicalmagicliving.com