#SorryNotSorry: How to Life an Unapologetic Life
Check in for a moment, just how many times do you apologise throughout each day? Do you say sorry if someone bumps into you on the pavement or in the supermarket? Do you start most of your conversations with your work colleagues by saying 'Sorry for interrupting...', or 'I won't take a moment'.? Do you cross your legs and make yourself smaller if someone next to you on the bus or the rub is taking up ALL the space? OK, so being polite is a very British thing, but over-apologising Being over-apologetic in our lives has a detrimental impact and our sense of confidence and our selves. This doesn't mean you've got to stop apologising immediately, start simply by taking notice of where you are over-apologising and try a 30 day #SorryNotSorry challenge.
What You'll Need
- Nothing apart from a curiosity to access your self awareness.
What You'll Do
- Become aware of how many times you say 'sorry' each day. Count them up.
- Make note of your apologetic language, whether verbal or written.
- Replace 'sorries' with 'thank yous'. This is a great reframe to live unapologetically.
- Don't over-justify your opinions.
- Say 'excuse me' instead of 'sorry' if you need to get passed someone.
- Wear whatever you want!
Tips & Warnings
- Find out more empowerment and confidence activation exercises in the Practical Magic Activation Deck, a life coach in a box www.practicalmagicliving.com