Breathing Meditation for Calming Anxiety
When you find your mind spinning out of control, or you feel like someone is stepping on your chest, or the feeling like you have to run out of situation you are in, this is a powerful way to get back into your body. This meditation calms your mind, brings you back into the present moment and helps overcome anxiety all around. It can be done anytime and anyplace. Standing, sitting, walking and anything in between. You can even be in the middle of a conversation with someone - they will never know.
What You'll Need
- Your own body
What You'll Do
- Actively become aware of your breath
- Start to slowly count to 4 on your in breath and your out breath
- Do this for a few cycles of breaths
- Now breath in through your nose and count to 4
- Breath out through your mouth and count to 6
- Do this for several cycles of breath while increasing your out breath count to 10
Tips & Warnings
- This calms your nervous system and brings in into the moment which will help ease moments of temporary spinning out of control associated with anxiety.
Report this health tip as inappropriateGood Zing does not review third-party tips for the accuracy of any kind, including health or medical advice, diagnosis or treatment recommendations. All tips are submitted by users and should in no way be substituted for professional or medical advice. Good Zing does not provide health or medical advice, diagnosis, treatment or prescription recommendations.