To help those struggling to fall asleep
For those that can’t fall asleep – apart from ensuring good ‘sleep hygine’ (routine / disciplined practices before going to bed) a 20 minute soak in a warm bath with either Epsom Bath Salts (magnesium sulphate) or Magnesium Chloride flakes can work wonders.
What You'll Need
- Epsom Bath Salts (magnesium sulphate) OR
- Magnesium Chloride flakes
- Lavender Oil (optional)
- Transdermal magnesium oil spray
What You'll Do
- Take a 20 minute warn bath with either 2 cups of 2 cups of Epsom Bath Salts (magnesium sulphate) or Magnesium Chloride flakes
- Drink a large glass of water before, during or after the bath.
- 10 drops of lavender oil can also be added to the bath for even more ‘sleep’ inducing.
- Another tip: Transdermal magnesium oil can also be sprayed on to the skin directly before bed. NB: this can cause a tingling sensation initially, which passes within approximately 15 minutes as the Mg is absorbed. You may want to start with a couple of sprays and build up to a higher level as your levels of magnesium improve.
Report this health tip as inappropriateGood Zing does not review third-party tips for the accuracy of any kind, including health or medical advice, diagnosis or treatment recommendations. All tips are submitted by users and should in no way be substituted for professional or medical advice. Good Zing does not provide health or medical advice, diagnosis, treatment or prescription recommendations.