Self-Care to Develop Self Love
Self love is a critical component to happiness. It does not mean that you love every single thing about yourself, but it does mean that you're able to see the positive traits, appreciate them, and be gentle to yourself. Self-care is a great tool to develop self-love because it gets deeper into understanding your needs and giving yourself things that feel good. You deserve it!
What You'll Need
- Pen & Paper
- Varying items depending on self-care list
What You'll Do
- Write out a list of all the small things you like to do for yourself that feel nourishing. Allow it to be comprehensive like: reading a book, eating sushi, taking a walk, getting a massage, going on a hike, getting fresh air, drinking coffee in the morning, etc
- On a daily basis, notice the small things that you are already in the habit of doing for yourself that could constitute as self-care. Think: saying no to things you don't want to do, speaking to friends that you love, watching your favorite show after work, etc.
- Continue this pattern of self-care by giving back to yourself in small, sustainable ways each day
- While performing acts of self-care, try to think about the generosity and love that you are giving to yourself
- Soak it all in. You deserve it!
Report this health tip as inappropriateGood Zing does not review third-party tips for the accuracy of any kind, including health or medical advice, diagnosis or treatment recommendations. All tips are submitted by users and should in no way be substituted for professional or medical advice. Good Zing does not provide health or medical advice, diagnosis, treatment or prescription recommendations.