10-Minute Breathing Meditation
All too often anxiety is caused by worries or problems that exist outside of the present moment.This simple technique will help you shift your focus to the "here and now."
What You'll Need
- No items needed
What You'll Do
- Find somewhere to sit comfortably and close your eyes.
- Don't mind the noise or the racing thoughts, and certainly don't expect the mind to slow down anytime soon.
- Instead, allow your breathing (not your negative thoughts) to become the center of your attention.
- Slowly begin to regulate your breath as your thoughts continue to race past.
- Breathe in deeper and breathe out more fully.
- If you can, pause at the bottom and top of your breath.
- Continue for about 10 minutes.
- Soon, your heartbeat will settle, and you'll feel more relaxed.
Report this health tip as inappropriateGood Zing does not review third-party tips for the accuracy of any kind, including health or medical advice, diagnosis or treatment recommendations. All tips are submitted by users and should in no way be substituted for professional or medical advice. Good Zing does not provide health or medical advice, diagnosis, treatment or prescription recommendations.