Oil pulling with coconut oil is best if you are primarily swishing for whiter teeth, as it has a natural antiviral property known to help brighten and clean teeth. I 100% noticed a difference even after 1 week.
What You'll Need
- Coconut oil (melted)
What You'll Do
- Melt the coconut oil – I boil the kettle and place my coconut oil jar into a bowl and fill it with the boiling water
- Spoon 1-2 tablespoons of the melted coconut oil into your mouth and start to swill it around your mouth
- After 10-20 minutes (start with 5 minutes if this is your first time!), spit out the coconut oil into a bin, do not spit it into the sink because it will clog up your drains
- Rinse your mouth with water and then immediately brush your teeth
- This should be done first thing in the morning before you have drunk anything or brushed your teeth
Tips & Warnings
- For the first time, I would suggest 7-10 minutes. You can then gradually build up to 20 minutes. Personally I usually reach about 15 minutes and find that is enough.
Report this health tip as inappropriateGood Zing does not review third-party tips for the accuracy of any kind, including health or medical advice, diagnosis or treatment recommendations. All tips are submitted by users and should in no way be substituted for professional or medical advice. Good Zing does not provide health or medical advice, diagnosis, treatment or prescription recommendations.