Alleviate back pain with this simple practice
Back pain is a complex issue; more often than not, it is not actually always related to a physical issue, but an emotional one. Whether you have a physical injury or not, stress will amplify back pain.
What You'll Need
- A wall, chair, couch or low bed
What You'll Do
- Release the tension in your back with Legs Up the Wall Pose.
- Simply lie on your back and bring your hips as close to the wall as possible, extending your legs straight up to the ceiling with your heels against the wall.
- You can also use a chair, couch or low bed with knees bent if more comfortable.
- This yoga pose will help increase circulation to your lower back, and is also proven to help reduce the stress response.
Tips & Warnings
- Start with just a couple of minutes and work your way up to 10-15 minutes a day. This is a perfect way to prepare for bed and wind down, especially coupled with breath work or meditation.
Report this health tip as inappropriateGood Zing does not review third-party tips for the accuracy of any kind, including health or medical advice, diagnosis or treatment recommendations. All tips are submitted by users and should in no way be substituted for professional or medical advice. Good Zing does not provide health or medical advice, diagnosis, treatment or prescription recommendations.